Sunday, August 8, 2010

BD Ultra-Fine Nano pen needle review


I hate needles and getting poked in general. In the hospital, it was incredibly hard for me to make that first self-inflicted insulin injection. It took a few hours of convincing, and eventually threats by the nurses that I would never be let out of the hospital unless I can show them that I can do this. Finally, I did it and it wasn't as bad as I expected, but still not fun. Given my fear of needles, my doctor told me to use the insulin pens instead of a regular syringe, since needles are much smaller. She ordered the smallest pen needles the pharmacy had at the time, the NovoFine pen needle 32G 6mm.

About a month later I started seeing ads for the BD Ultra-Fine™ Nano Pen Needle (32G 4mm), which are the "Smallest Pen Needles Ever" I was very excited to try them. I figured that they are smaller then what I was using and so they would probably hurt less. Plus, BD is offering a full rebate on your first box, so it was definitely worth a try.

I was excited to get them, the needles look tiny and they were cute and green. Although nothing about diabetes is really ever green. Diabetes supplies are so wasteful. Anyway, I was disappointed when I finally tried them. Although the were shorter than the NovoFine needles, I thought that they hurt a little bit more. I think they are not as sharp as the NovoFine, which apparently is more important than length. So, for now, I'll stick with the NovoFine.


No comments:

Post a Comment